Please make sure your entry is following all the rules below before submitting.
**Entries that are submitted incorrectly will be disqualified. **
- You must be a resident of the Kenai Peninsula.
- Employees of Homer Council on the Arts are ineligible.
- All entries must be original work and previously unpublished in newspaper, magazine, book, or online publications.
- Contestants may submit unlimited entries, but a single entry must not exceed 1000 words in K-12 divisions (no minimum length). Submissions exceeding this word count will be disqualified.
- Each entry must be a separate PDF.
- Each entry must contain the title at the top of the first page.
- Entries should be double-spaced (except for poetry); recommended font is Times New Roman and size 12 pt.
- The entry must not contain the writer’s name anywhere within the document or file name. If it does the entry will be disqualified.
- Save your submission as a PDF with the following file name format: Title_category.pdf (example: DistantMemory_poetry.pdf)
- All entries must be submitted electronically.
- Submission of any entry indicates acceptance of all the contest rules. You will not be reimbursed if your entry is disqualified for failure to follow the rules.
Each entry is $3.00 with unlimited submission.