Every year, Homer Council on the Arts puts together the Jubilee! art exhibition and youth performance to highlight and encourage the talented youth in our community in all areas of the arts. If you are interested in auditioning for the performance or entering the call for art, all the information and applications are listed below.
The Jubilee Youth Performing Arts Show
This year’s Jubilee performance will be Friday, April 19, 7 p.m., at the Mariner Theatre. Proceeds support the Ron Senungetuk Youth Fine Arts Scholarship Fund for young artists. Please read the following information carefully and note all dates.
• Audition applications are due Wednesday, February 28, 5:00, at HCOA, 355 W. Pioneer Ave. or email email@example.com.
• Late applicants will not be guaranteed audition time and may be auditioned only after all other applicants’ auditions have been completed.
• Applicants will be sent online signup for audition slots on Friday, March 1.
• Auditions will be one day only, Thursday, March 7, 4:00 – 7:30, at the Mariner Theatre.
• You must be ready to audition 15 minutes before your assigned time slot.
• Auditions are open to all applicants and guardians; audience must be quiet and respectful.
• Performance time is a consideration for selection and may have some flexibility, but total audition time is limited to 5 minutes.
• Individual students may audition for more than one act but will only be selected for a maximum of 1 solo/feature act.
• Jubilee cast will be posted online and on the door of HCOA and HHS green room door by Monday, March 11, 4:00 p.m.
DRESS REHEARSAL • Attendance at dress rehearsal is mandatory.
• There is only one rehearsal, which serves as the Dress rehearsal. It is scheduled for Thursday, April 18, 4:00 – 7:00, at the Mariner Theatre.
*PARENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We would love your help at dress rehearsal and the performance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information!
The Jubilee Youth Gallery Exhibit
In April the HCOA gallery is all about young artists! Featuring preK-12 student artwork from Homer-area youth. This colorful and dynamic exhibit features art in a variety of mediums- from traditional 2-D art forms, ceramics, piano performances, windsocks, and more! Prepare to be impressed by the talented youth from our community.
HCOA is accepting submissions for the Jubilee! gallery show Monday February 5th through Saturday March 23rd
Artwork must be dropped off or delivered to the HCOA office by 5pm on Saturday March 23rd.
All submissions should include:
Title of work
Artist’s Grade Level or Class
If you are an Instructor/Teacher: You can upload a document with the names of your students and their work through the submission portal or email HCOA at email@example.com